Senior Full Stack Developer
Big Pixel Remote
Taking on a senior role gave me the privilege of serving as a resource for many of my peers. During this time, I’ve focused on ensuring we have solid documentation both in our code and throughout the various channels of communication we utilize.
Since most of our clientele are corporations in need of internal apps, my job shifted towards web apps, as opposed to a website. But my goals remained the same, reliability and accessibility being at the forefront.
Here are some of our recent projects:
- MSAL (Microsoft Authentication Library)
- Refactored a legacy React codebase that was optimized for Hooks and offline functionality.
- Developed two apps:
- a desktop app serving as a hub for various data points inside the company, with searchable tables displaying large amounts of data.
- a mobile app for on-site engineers to log technical data offline and queue up requests to the API.
- Implemented Redux for state management and API interaction via the Microsoft Authentication Library.
- Integrated Highcharts to visualize data coming from the various machinary connected to Beacon’s network.
- Implemented localization and translation that supported 7 languages used across 3 continents.
Toggle Book Factory
- Developed a kid’s book builder for schools in North Carolina.
- Emphasized user experience by crafting a well-planned infrastructure.
- Orchestrated various web and 3rd party APIs.
- Iterated and shipped a final product that is easy to use for a young audience and manageable for the client without developer intervention.
- Leveraged the Shopify API to retrieve product info and assets.
- Stored book configurations on a serverless Postgres database and API.
- Angular (SSR)
- Developed a hub app for Oransi to connect users’ accounts and IoT air-quality product settings.
- Retrieved data from various services and displayed it in a user-friendly interface.
- Used the same codebase for iOS and Android apps with the help of Ionic.
- This was the first project that involved back-end development, which provided an opportunity to improve data management and architectural planning skills.